Wednesday 31 December 2014

Sri Hanuman counsels Ravana - Part-1




Sri Hanuma sees well-adorned Ravana, who is seated on a well-decorated throne of crystal. Surprised to behold the splendor and glory of Ravana, Sri Hanuma believed that Ravana could even rule heaven along with Indra, but for his gross unrighteousness, which pulled him down.

Ravana looking up at Sri Hanuma was besides with rage.  However, seized with suspicion, he thought about Sri Hanuma, who was invested with splendour.

When Mount Kailasa was moved by me, is it the same Nandi, the divine bull (attendant of Siva) which cursed me long ago and came here now in this form or whether he is Bana the great demon (son of Bali) came here in the form of a Vanara?”

 

Ravana, enraged with Sri Hanuma ordered his important ministers to interrogate Sri Hanuma. As instructed by Ravana, Prahasta his chief minister inquires of Sri Hanuma as to who he was and also his motive in destroying the pleasure-garden as also killing of the demons. 

 

Hearing the words of Prahasta, Sri Hanuma spoke to Ravana as follows:


 "I am a messenger of Sri Rama and for the purpose of searching for Seeta I came here.  Then, those strong demons came with a desire to fight with me. Just for protecting my body, I had to attack them in battle.”

 

“I am incapable of being bound by missiles and nooses even by celestials and demons. This boon came to me also from Lord Brahama only."

“With a desire to see you, I surrendered to the Brahmastra.  Soon after bound by the demons with plaited chords of hemp, I was indeed released from the missile. I came to your presence, prompted by some mission of Sri Rama. I am telling you a beneficial word. Listen to it."

 

No other person can open such a dialogue in the midst of enemies, except a person who is stoic.  The one, who knows his strengths and weakness of the enemies and yet who remains stoic can only say such words.

----

Long before Sri Krishna was depicted by Sage Vyasa in Mahabharata, Sage Valmiki depicted Sri Hanuma as fearless personality in Ramayana.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment